The Charlotte House
SJFC Community Sexual Assault Program
IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER CALL 911
360 - 795 - 6400
Toll Free Hotline:
866 - 795 - 9381
360 - 795 - 6401
360 - 795 - 0806
P.O. Box 642
It's never too late
to seek support!
St. James Family Center and The Charlotte House provide domestic violence and sexual assault services to survivors for Wahkiakum County.
All services are free and confidential.
- Provide emotional support and survivor centered advocacy, 24 hours a day
- Safety plan with survivors
- Provide referrals for crime victim compensation, housing, financial assistance, employment, education, and other social service
- Assist survivors in obtaining and completing protection orders
- Accompany survivors to court, as well as prosecution and defense interviews
- Inform clients of their legal rights
- Refer survivors to legal services
- Accompany survivors to medical exams
- Information and referral for medical assistance and follow-up appointments
- Inform clients of their medical rights
The Charlotte House Shelter Program
The Charlotte House provides a safe place for women and children who are fleeing domestic violence to stay. Clients in shelter receive food, clothing, medical referrals, transportation, and other services as needed.
Advocates work with residents to develop a plan of action that is unique to their needs and situation. Shelter is provided for 30 days - with the possibility of an extension.
SEXUAL ASSAULT SERVICES
St. James Family Center is Wahkiakum County's local Community Sexual Assault Program (CSAP).
Advocates provide emotional support and advocacy to all survivors of sexual assault, and are available to speak to survivors 24 hours a day.
All services provided by St. James Family Center and The Charlotte House are accessible to sexual assault survivors.
These services include:
- Legal Advocacy - both criminal and civil law/cases
- Transportation Assistance
- Referrals to housing, employment, legal assistance, etc.
All advocacy is survivor based and focuses on the needs and wants of the survivor.
Part of our mission is to share information with the public on issues about domestic violence and sexual assault.
Our focus is on raising awareness about domestic violence and sexual assault, their roots in society, and what we all can do to make a difference.
We provide age appropriate education to all.
Teaching is founded on principles of empathy and respect.
Everyone deserves a healthy and safe relationship and respect for their boundaries.
To reach an advocate at any time of day, call our 24 hour hotline
(360) 795-6400 or toll free at (866) 795-9381
We are here for you